The children at Maple Ridge thrive in the calm, structured and secure environment and they always seem to be enjoying their learning. All the children at Maple Ridge have a learning difficulty and will have a range of special educational needs.
We aim to meet the individual needs of each child through:
- the commitment and support of all staff and governors
- appropriate differentiation of the curriculum to meet all levels of ability
- positive attitudes and encouragement from staff
- an atmosphere of support in which self confidence can grow
- close involvement of parents/carers with their child’s learning
- an individual education plan for each pupil
- group educational plans for literacy and numeracy
- use of a range of approaches for pupils with ASD, including *TEACH* Treatment and Education of Autistic and related communication Handicapped children-adults.
In addition a proportion of the classes are set up specifically for children who have Autistic Spectrum disorder and they aim to provide the following:
- A low arousal environment
- Highly structured activities fully supported by visual cues
- Individualised motivators and choice boards that reward appropriate behaviour
- A curriculum that allows for greater individualisation and gives emphasis to children’s personal and social development.
To see more photos of the children's learning click here
to go to our gallery.